Tuesday, December 15, 2015

How I fell in love with painting...

How I fell in love with painting? You might think it is weird to start blogging with actually this question...but the truth is that I DID fall in love with painting! As child, I was considered a very artistic kid so by this time I should certainly be painting! The truth is that I only discovered what painting makes me feel a few years ago. I was taking some coaching sessions with a business and personal coach and she asked me to write down my dream and share it with her in a week. I had no idea what my dream was, but when I sat down to write the homework, my dream unfolded in front of my eyes, and it was pretty awesome! My "guiding angels" as I call them, helped me shape this amazing dream/plan, that I have been living since I wrote it down 2 1/2 years ago. I tried countless ways of expressing myself, whether it was through sewing, ceramics, jewelry making or illustration. But painting to me is like dancing with a brush or singing the most beautiful romantic song. It is the way my soul comes out in its best. No other way of art making compares to painting for me. In every colourful artwork I see the reflection of my soul & feelings. When I discovered the way I feel while painting, I realized that this medium will be the chosen one for me. Painting is not only an occupation but a way of living. My work has taken me to meet people, travel to places and feel excitement and inspiration. The way I crafted my occupation gets me to interact with women, listen to their stories and be inspired later at my studio. I am thankful of every single interaction, as it takes me to places in my imagination that I have never been.
As the new year approaches, I have taken the commitment to reach out to more people, to connect and spread the word of what I love to do. My hope is to inspire you to find your own voice as well.
"The stories you believe to be true are the ones your life will become"
with love, Jazmin
At my studio, July 2014         My website

No comments:

Post a Comment