Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Meet Dr. Dina Mintz

A short story about her painting.

Dr. Dina Mintz is a family dentist in Vancouver. Her cozy and beautiful office is located at the Oakridge mall. Dr. Mintz’s is a well-known and respected dentist in this city. Many families, including mine, come to her office every day. Every time I walk in her office, the friendly feeling and warmth begins right at the first HELLO! Her staff works together like a "sisterhood" of professionalism and friendship. I have known Dr. Mintz since 2004 when my family and I first came to Vancouver. She is not only my dentist but also a good friend.
In 2006, I was working on a campaign called “Color & Hope”, an art fundraiser to collect and send money to both my father and brother fighting cancer in Israel. Dr. Mintz commissioned a painting for her office in order to support my initiative. Dr. Mintz invited me to explore the concept of the “Tooth Fairy” tale and granted me all the freedom. I know she trusted my creativity. She knew that my work will look fantastic at her office. This freedom gave me the inspiration to paint “The Tooth Fairy”, a painting that has been in display at Dr. Mintz for the past 8 years.

Dr. Mintz’s testimonial:Our Tooth Fairy makes everyone smile. Not a day goes by that one of our patients or friends make a comment about how magical she looks! Thank you Jazmin for this beautiful Fairy! We are lucky that we get to enjoy and see her every day and besides she is always…smiling back at us!!
                                                                   Visit My Website
 
The campaign “Color & Hope” was a success. I could send money to my family to help them through hard times. Dr. Mintz was one of the supporters, and for this I will be forever thankful!
Thank you Dr. Dina Mintz for letting me create such cheerful Tooth Fairy and decorate your office! This fairy definitely reflects who you are! 
"The stories you believe to be true are the ones your life will become" with love, Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment